[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] H.264 updates for VDR-1.5.9

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Wed Aug 29 23:02:30 CEST 2007

Petri Helin wrote:

>> the attached vdr-1.5.9-h264.patch adds H.264 support to VDR's remuxer.
>> The changes to earlier releases are:
>> - H264::cParser has been enhanced to provide information for
>>   H264::cContext::GetFramesPerSec() and therefore outsourced
>>   into separate files.
>> - cVideoRepacker generates Access Unit Delimiters in case they
>>   are not part of the stream.
> Should this patch make it possible to record H.264 encoded stream? I

It should. It works for the German DVB-S2 HD channels on Astra and it
worked for LuxeTV HD on Hotbird in the past.

> have applied the patch and can see in the channels menu that Canal+ HD
> Film uses H.264 codec, but I can not record the channel (nor watch it...).

Is this the channel you've mentioned (I've applied a DVB-S2 patch, so
the entry may differ from your's a little)?

On my system, VDR says this channel is encrypted. Do you have the
necessary means to receive this channel?

Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl at gmx.de