[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] H.264 updates for VDR-1.5.9

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Fri Aug 31 00:09:42 CEST 2007

Hi,

Hannu Tirkkonen wrote:

> Well... the video part of the recordings seems to be corrupted.
> vlc cannot show any video; there's only audio.
>
> projectx says (hundreds of lines on 34MB recording):
> !> error in pes_extension of pes-ID 0xBD @ pos: 112153 (1554 / 14 / 15 / true / false)
> -> found PES-ID 0xBD (private stream 1) @ 112153
> !> error in pes_extension of pes-ID 0xE0 @ pos: 134640 (2048 / 14 / 15 / true / false)
> !> error in pes_extension of pes-ID 0xE0 @ pos: 188715 (2048 / 14 / 15 / true / false)
> !> error in pes_extension of pes-ID 0xE0 @ pos: 247087 (2048 / 19 / 20 / true / false)
> -> more than 500 warnings/errors, stop logging..
> -> dropping video data, GOP larger than 6MB
> -> dropping video data, GOP larger than 6MB

ProjectX doesn't understand H.264. It assumes MPEG2 and therefore sees
an overfull GOP.

> od does find 00 00 01 09 sequences from the file.
>
> The live stream can be watched with vlc, and saving
> the stream with vlc creates a file that can be watched again with mplayer or vlc.
>
> There is 34MB of the recording on http://hotel.hanu.com/~hanu/h264

Plays perfectly here with vdr-xine-0.7.11 and xine-lib-cvs from my
homepage + vdr-xine's xine-lib.patch. If I play it in slow motion, my PC
is fast enough to decode and display all frames.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl at gmx.de