[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] H.264 updates for VDR-1.5.9

Petri Helin phelin at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 31 23:49:35 CEST 2007

Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> Hi,
>>> Yes. In http streaming mode streamdev parses PIDs directly from PMT and
>>> does not use VDR channel data. But the VDR<->VDR streaming mode probably
>>> does not work if PIDs are not "real" ones.
>> Please try the attached patch which adds VPID clipping to some locations.
> Please try this one. I better should have checked the previous one
> before posting -- it contained changes for DVB-S2 support.

I can gladly tell you that now there are several "00 00 01" blocks in
the sample.ts file. So something has changed to better. But for some
reason I am unable to play the sample.ts file. This is what mplayer
tells me when I try to replay:

# mplayer -demuxer 35 -vo xv -ao alsa -identify /video/sample.ts
MPlayer dev-SVN-r23893-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6300  @ 1.86GHz (Family: 6, Model:
15, Stepping: 6)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2
113 audio & 236 video codecs

Playing /video/sample.ts.
libavformat file format detected.
[lavf] Video stream found, -vid 0
VIDEO:  [mpg1]  0x0  0bpp  90000.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
Opening video decoder: [libmpeg2] MPEG 1/2 Video decoder libmpeg2-v0.4.0b
Selected video codec: [mpeg12] vfm: libmpeg2 (MPEG-1 or 2 (libmpeg2))
Audio: no sound
Starting playback...

Exiting... (End of file)

I am now also able to record h.264 encoded programs, just like mpeg2
encoded, and as a result xxx.vdr files are created. But still, i cannot
replay them either.