[vdr] DXR3?

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sat Dec 1 20:56:23 CET 2007

En/na Rob Davis ha escrit:
> I have a couple of SkyStar cards on a VDR server, running xineliboutput
> on an NVidia card using a VGA cable to my HDTV.  I am seeing lagging,
> tearing and noticeable interlacing.
>
> Is it worth buying a DXR3 on ebay?

A dxr3 only decodes mpeg at standard resolution, it does it very well
and with good quality, but it's of no use for HD. It also has many
stability problems with the osd (it was designed to display dvd menus
and subtitles, not a full-fledged, full-screen, full-color osd, so the
vdr plugin pushes it to its limits and beyond).

Bye
--
Luca