[vdr] Best Diskless capable distribution ?

Philippe Gramoullé philippe at gramoulle.com
Tue Dec 4 22:32:32 CET 2007

Hello Juergen,

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 09:06:48 +0100
Juergen Sauer <jojo at automatix.de> wrote:

  | I want to use my server using a diskless architecture to run
  | vdr.
  |
  | Idea, which dritribution for vdr to choose ?

Same here as other diskless VDR users : Debian , on server as well as client.

IIRC, I used the "diskless" package to setup my VDR environment on the server.
From there you can use whatever compatible Debian repository which had VDR packaged.

And no issue with recordings over NFS (timeshifting works just nice as well)

It sure worth doing it, as the PC's noise level has dramatically dropped down :)

Thanks

Philippe

VDR + Full Featured Technotrend DVB-S