[vdr] Conax CAM refuses to tune

Jan Ekholm jan.ekholm at smultron.net
Tue Dec 25 12:09:23 CET 2007

On Sunday 23 December 2007 23:02:23 Jan Ekholm wrote:

<snip>

> I'll do a test with 1.4.7 too, just to make sure. Hang on! Nah, same thing
> with 1.4.7.

I also tested 1.5.12 which I somehow totally missed in the download area. Same
thing with it. However, yesterday when casually browsing channels after VDR
had been on for a few hours we suddenly were able to tune into a few
encrypted channels. The first tuning was snappy but the next ones were slow,
about 5+ seconds and we were about to give up. After a reboot I can no longer
get any encrypted channels to work. But the whole chain apparently does work,
it's just not too reliable at the moment for me.

This worked *very* well for years with 1.2 and 1.3 so something must have been
drastically changed in this area the last year or so? Or perhaps I should
just install an older 1.3 version and see if it works as it used to do? That
would rule out hardware problems (all the old HW died (except the DVB stuff
(luckily, as it's *expensive*))).

Anyway, I'm happy to have a working VDR setup again and I'm pretty sure we'll
get to see the encrypted channels sooner or later.

--

        Most gods find it hard to walk and think at the same time.
                                             -- Terry Pratchett, Small Gods