[vdr] Technotrend FF DVB-S AC3 Passthrough

Dieter Bloms vdr at bloms.de
Wed Dec 26 17:21:09 CET 2007

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 26, Morfsta wrote:

> Apologies if this has been covered before but I have been searching
> for info on this, can anyone explain how this works with the TT FF AC3
> Passthrough firmware?

this works for all dvb cards with spdif output. You only have to use
current driver with current firmware.

> I can't seem to get any AC3 out of my motherboard soundcard when
> playing an AC3 channel with the firmware alone - are there any mods or
> dependencies that are required to get this working?

you can get the AC3 stuff from the dvb card, not another soundcard on
your board.

Most cards (but not all revisions) have a J2 block, where you can get
the spdif signal (with 5V).

> I have tested the AC3 output with mplayer and xine and it is working
> properly with XVIDs with AC3 soundtrack. It also works with the
> bitstreamout plugin but the sync is not good.

bitstreamout has nothing to to with the dvb firmware and as far as I can
see, it will not be continued.

--
Gruß

  Dieter