[vdr] [RFC] Shutdown rewrite for 1.5.x

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Thu Feb 1 21:10:42 CET 2007

In <20070201182714.GA8722 at localhost.localdomain>, you wrote:

> I wouldn't be so sure about the majority of VDRs using FF cards.  I
> haven't seen any ad for an FF card, but I have seen many ads for cheap
> USB DVB-T tuners.  The trend is likely to change, given that decoding
> MPEG-2 is no challenge to current PC hardware.

Also generic video cards are increasingly coming with video decoding
features, and HDTVs can be connected straight to a PC without the need
for a horrible scaler or special screen mode. Although not all the
decoding features are available to Linux, dedicated decoder/TV-out cards
are looking quite obsolete, and DVB card manufacturers are bound to
respond to that.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk