[vdr] Re: replay stuttering

Stefan Hußfeldt stefan at hussfeldt.de
Fri Feb 2 18:40:15 CET 2007

Kartsa schrieb:

> Could the chosen file system be causing this? I use LVM creating one
> partition on two disks and then I create one xfs on that partition. The
> disks are sata as mentioned earlier.

My VDR is running completely via NFS and i have also this "stutter" problem
especially when using timeshift. The replay hangs for some seconds and then
resumes normally. This is reproducible with a vanilla vdr-1.4.5 (FuSi DVB-C,
2.6.19.2 with v4l-dvb-av7110-refactoring).
When i increase PLAYERBUFSIZE in dvbplayer.c to MEGABYTE(16) the problem is
gone. Perhaps i would be a good idea, as already suggested by Carsten Koch,
to make this value configurable.