[vdr] [RFC] Shutdown rewrite for 1.5.x

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sat Feb 3 10:48:42 CET 2007

Marko Mäkelä wrote:
>> Actually I would press the pause button, as I usually don't want to miss
>> anything. And then the playback should be halted anyway, no matter if
>> display is on or off.
>
> But you surely would power the display off, to avoid burning the still
> image on the CRT or plasma screen or to save the precious hours on the
> lamp of your video beamer?  Or maybe you have a TFT screen and do not
> care about wasting electricity?

Actually, I have a plain old CRT that doesn't seriously suffer from
burning in. (provide that I resume playback within a month or so. ;) )

And if I want to save power, I power off the CRT completely, and thats
something my VDR cannot do on its own (yet). Just blanking the screen
has no advantage for me.

Cheers,

Udo