[vdr] FF card AV sync problems, possible fix to VDR (fwd)

Kartsa kari at kniivila.com
Sun Feb 4 22:49:07 CET 2007

Reinhard Nissl kirjoitti:
>> I also applied both of those changes and have not yet seen either of the
>> errors in the log.
>>
>> I do have thosa same log entrys as morfsta especially if I have more
>> than two recordings going on while I am watching a previous recording.
>>
>> \\Kartsa
>>
>> Morfsta kirjoitti:
>>

>>> I made the mods to VDR as you suggested but haven't seen either entry
>>> in the log file yet.
>>>

> I've just checked remux.c: the c...Repacker messages are logged using
> esyslog() while the suggested changes use dsyslog().
>
> So either change dsyslog() to esyslog() or check the commandline of VDR
> whether it includes "-l 3" (log debug messages) and depending on your
> system setup, debug messages might get logged to a different file.

So I added "-l 3" to my vdr commandline since it was much easier :) Lets
see if there starts to be log entrys.

Allthough I did mention earlier having out of sync problems while
watching a recording I noticed that if I rewieved the same recording
with no other recordings going on there were no sync problems. Also I
tried watching the same recording on another vdr over the network there
were no sync problems even if there were recordings going on in the
source vdr. But as soon as there were recordings going on in the vdr
that I was using for watching out of sync started to appear. And I used
nfs not streaming.

\\Kartsa