[vdr] ledxmit-irsend to STB before channel-change??

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Wed Feb 14 23:13:43 CET 2007

I'm looking for a way to execute a command whenever a channel change is
selected.  I think part of the 'sky' plugin is close to what I want -
without the stream type changing part.

I have a PVR-150 running with the pvrinput plugin, attached via composite
to a digital cable STB.  I have led-xmit (from the Myth pages) working
from the command line, but need a way for VDR to execute a command each
time a channel-change is requested, either for a recording or manually:

/usr/local/lirc-ledxmit/bin/ledxmit-irsend SEND_ONCE ADB_ICAN3000 <channel#>

Has anyone done anything like this?