[vdr] Key and button

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Mon Feb 19 20:43:42 CET 2007

Marko Mäkelä wrote:
> In the i18n.c of vdr 1.4.5, I can only find one label containing "button":
> "Menu button closes" ("Menu-Taste schließt").  So, I guess that you can
> ignore my remark.
>
> Suggestion: replace "Setup.OSD$Menu button closes" with
> "Setup.OSD$Menu key closes".

Basically I agree, but that would result in a setup file incompatibility.
But in an effort to clarify the key vs. button issue I guess it would
make sense.

> Hmm, what is the logic between "Key$" and "Button$" names?  Is there a
> reason to have both "Key$Stop" and "Button$Stop"?  Perhaps one of them
> should be removed.

"Key$" is used in the context of the physical remote control thing that
you actually press with your finger, while "Button" is used for the
text that is displayed on the OSD in the red, green, yellow and blue
field. Some of them are the same in both cases, but that might be different
in the various languages.

Klaus