[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] New patch: MainMenuHooks

Frank Schmirler vdr at schmirler.de
Mon Feb 26 12:34:17 CET 2007

Hi,

this patch allows plugins to replace the VDR mainmenus "Schedule", "Channels",
"Timers" and "Recordings" by a different implementation.

There are already a few plugins around which do something like that, using
their own idea of a patch. So Tobias Grimm, Martin Prochnow, Christian
Wieninger and me made an effort to find a common solution for the problem. The
patch is based on a suggestion of Christian Wieninger back in March 2006
(http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2006-March/008234.html). It is meant to
be an interim solution for VDR 1.4 until (maybe) VDR 1.5 introduces an
official API for this purpose.

Please note that no plugin supports this patch yet. We wanted to introduce it
to the list first. Maybe there are some additional requirements we didn't
think of.

You will find more detailed information in the patch file.

Enjoy,
Frank