[vdr] background vdr thread eating cpu

Halim Sahin halim.sahin at t-online.de
Wed Jan 3 15:46:49 CET 2007

Hi Klaus,

On Mi, Jan 03, 2007 at 01:22:14 +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Well, the tuner thread doesn't really do that much that might
> eat such a lot of CPU time, one would think.
>
> Maybe you can add some debug output in cDvbTuner::Action() and
> cDvbTuner::SetFrontend() to find out what exactly it is doing
> when this happens.

few weeks ago  I noticed a similar Problem, that vdr eats a lot of cpu
power. In my HTPC there is a tt 2.3 dvb-s and a usb-dvb-t stick.
I did some tests with dvb-t stick plugged in and without.
The cpu load is about 20% higher with the stick.
Please tell me if you need more info to find the Problem.
Thanks
Halim