[vdr] Centralized VDR solution?

Laz laz at club-burniston.co.uk
Sat Jan 6 21:32:36 CET 2007

On Saturday 06 January 2007 20:16, Peer Oliver Schmidt wrote:
> Torgeir Veimo wrote:
> >>
> >> I am using Hauppauge MediaMVPs to connect to a central VDR system
> >> containing 3 DVB-S cards. VOMP is running on the MediaMVPs
> >
> > No dropped frames, bad av sync or other playback issues?
>
> Nothing that can't be fixed by either switching a channel or
> pause/play on the remote.

This looks quite interesting... I've currently got about three full PCs using
nfs-mounted /video directories. Would be a much nicer solution to use a thin
client setup.

What video output(s) has the MVP actually got? I've just been reading stuff on
the web and I've seen composite, S-video, and RGB component mentioned in
various places. Are there different versions of these things, apart from
wired / wireless?

Does it really work this well? I'm not too bothered about editing recordings
from it (use vdrsync for that!) but setting timers would be useful.

Cheers,

Laz