[vdr] Centralized VDR solution?

Peer Oliver Schmidt pos at theinternet.de
Tue Jan 9 13:08:03 CET 2007

Vladimir Kangin schrieb:
> On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 12:58 +0200, lamikr wrote:
>>> I am using Hauppauge MediaMVPs to connect to a central VDR system
>>> containing 3 DVB-S cards. VOMP is running on the MediaMVPs
>>> (http://www.loggytronic.com) and apart from missing
>>> * DVD support
>>> * Cutting
>>>
>>> this system contains everything I want. And it has a great WAF factor :-)
>>>
>> What kind of network is needed for good picture quality, is 100 mb lan
>> enough or is 1 gb needed?

People on the VOMP forum are using it over WLAN. I am using it on a
switched 100Mbit net without a problem.

> Have a look another projects either www.plutohome.org or www.mythtv.org

Especially plutohome.org seems to be, with regards to VDR, in a not so
Plug'n'Play state at the moment. In the german vdr-portal are some
discussions with regards to implementing VDR within plutohome