[vdr] error on large EPG loads via SVDRP

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Wed Jan 10 18:55:21 CET 2007

Pjotr Kourzanov wrote:
>   I am experiencing VDR errors when loading EPG via SVDRP. If the EPG
> data to
> be loaded is larger that 3 MB then VDR silently drops the SVDR connection.
>
>   Everything is fine if the data is truncated to fit 3 megs.

There is an issue if the EPG download is too slow. In that case, the VDR
watchdog timer may restart VDR to bring back VDR to life. You can try to
increase the watchdog timeout value.
VDRAdmin-AM can also read the epg data directly from the /video/epg.data
file, avoiding the lengthly and slow SVDRP download.

Cheers,

Udo