[vdr] error on large EPG loads via SVDRP

Pjotr Kourzanov peter.kourzanov at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 10 23:48:38 CET 2007

Luca Olivetti wrote:
> En/na Klaus Schmidinger ha escrit:
>> Udo Richter wrote:
>>
>> I have recently sent the attached patch to Thomas Koch <tom at linvdr.org>.
>> It dramatically speeds up getting EPG information from VDR.
>
> I think the OP problem is the reverse: getting EPG data into vdr, not
> out of it.
>
> Bye

  Indeed, I was referring to the problem of loading the data to VDR.
Tweaking the watchdog
timer looks like a dirty workaround to me - the value depending on
amount of EPG data to
be loaded divided by the speed at which this data could be transferred
to VDR (do we assume
loopback access, or ethernet? maybe wireless or WAN/VPN access?).

I have neither investigated the problem deeper yet (just found a way to
split the EPG data into
parts), nor looked in the source code. Is it so difficult to convince
the watchdog that while SVDR thread is busy it is actually doing useful
work?

Pjotr