Petri Helin phelin at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 13 23:40:28 CET 2007

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Petri Helin wrote:
>> BTW: I have been patching the device.c in 1.4.* series so that my other
>> card, TT budget DVB-C v1.0, is always preferred for FTA channel
>> recordings. Otherwise the precious CAM could be wasted in an FTA
>> recording. I understood that you are planning on restructuring the
>> priority model in 1.5.*. Have you taken in consideration the situation
>> with budget-only environment with one or more CIs?
>
> Please try the attached patch and let me know if it works
> as expected.
>
> Klaus

Unfortunately it didn't work as (at least I) expected. What I am looking
for is as follows

- card 1 (with CI) is tuned to channel A
- card 2 (without CI) is tuned to channel B
- channels A and B are on on different transponders
- a recording is about to start on channel A
- VDR chooses card 2 and tunes it to channel A in order to actuate the
recording

Currently I have achieved this with the attached patch.

-Petri