Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Mon Jan 15 17:15:50 CET 2007

Heikki Manninen wrote:
> On su, 2007-01-14 at 14:48 +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
>> Your CAM doesn't respond to the QUERY that VDR sends to it.
>> So VDR can't ask the CAM whether it is able to decrypt a certain
>> channel (in addition to others it is already decrypting).
>> So it's a hard-/firmware restriction of your CAM.
>>
>> The only CAM I have here that actually can decrypt more than one
>> channel is the Alphacrypt with firmware revision 3.09.
>
> Conax 4.00e is able to decrypt 2-3 channels at the same time. Although
> when used with VDR 1.5.0 it is not. Also when using previous versions of

If the CAM doesn't respond to a QUERY, then how is VDR supposed to
know whether it can decrypt more than one channel at a time?

> VDR you have to fake fixed receiver number in the channels.conf for this
> to be possible - if you put in B00 it doesn't work anymore :) It's
> sometimes a bit unrealiable but works.

VDR 1.4 used the FIRST/MORE/LAST method to send multiple CaPmts.
Since some CAMs apparently don't handle this correctly, I changed
that to the simpler ADD/UPDATE method, which should be supported
by any CAM that can decrypt more than one channel.

Can you please check if there is a newer firmware for the Conax CAM
and maybe try that?

Klaus