[vdr] VDR not starting properly with softdevice on boot

Kartsa kari at kniivila.com
Tue Jan 16 16:36:59 CET 2007

I have Fedora Core 6 and vdr installed using yum. The problem is that it
takes all the cpu time after boot and I have to restart vdr to make it
run properly. I have vdr-1.4.4 with softdevice-0.3.1 and
subtitles-0.4.0. My cpu is PIII 550MHz and I use softdevice with Matrox
G400 (and DirectFB). After restarting vdr it works fine but that is not
very convenient :) I've tried changing the point when vdr starts by
modifying the init scripts chkconfig values.

After restarting vdr cpu load is about 60%.

Any hints? I.e. how/when should matroxfb kernel module be loaded? Now I
load it in rc.modules.

\\Kartsa