[vdr] VDR not starting properly with softdevice on boot

Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at hut.fi
Wed Jan 17 18:18:51 CET 2007

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 06:43:04PM +0200, Kartsa wrote:
> accept(23, 0xbfc07588, [16])            = -1 EAGAIN (Resource
> temporarily unavailable)

This doesn't feel right.  It would make sense to monitor connection
attempts with select(2) or to use a blocking call.

> And this is oprofiler output
>
> CPU: CPU with timer interrupt, speed 0 MHz (estimated)
> Profiling through timer interrupt

Please try appending "lapic" to the kernel command line.  The timer
interrupt is the last resort to use when the performance counters
are unavailable.

> samples  %        image name               symbol name
> 9500     98.0595  anon (tgid:2600 range:0x48c000-0x48d000) (no symbols)
> 188       1.9405  vdr                      (no symbols)

Please compile softdevice and vdr with -g, or at the very least do not
strip them.  We're interested in the function names.

> I suspended softdevice output from the settings but it made no change.
> Still after reboot vdr takes all cpu time.

I would suspect that you haven't set up TCP/IP networking before
starting vdr for the first time.

Have you applied any patches to vdr?  I don't think that this is
affected by softdevice at all.

	Marko