AW: [vdr] Problems receiving couple of german channels DVB-S

Peer Oliver Schmidt pos at
Sun Jan 28 17:48:30 CET 2007

Hello martin,

> can you give us a hint what the problem is? So if you only have budget
> cards, what kind of frontend do you use? Need to know a bit more from your
> setup.

Sorry for not being more verbose.

I am using streamdev-server on the VDR in the attic, and VLC as a
frontend running downstairs on a WinXP or Ubuntu system. The problem is
a totally distorted picture, like when I have thunderstorm outside with
bad reception. Block artefacts etc.
Sometimes it gets so bad, VLC quits from errors.

The funny thing is, it is ONLY on some of the channels.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Peer Oliver Schmidt
the internet company
PGP Key ID: 0x83E1C2EA