AW: AW: [vdr] Problems receiving couple of german channels DVB-S

martin martin at
Sun Jan 28 18:25:33 CET 2007

Hi Oli,

have you installed femon? Have you had a look at the perception level? What
does it say? Is there a difference when tuning to SAT.1 (which is on the
same stream like Pro7).

One other thing that comes to my mind: Sat1 and Pro7 use 7.5MBit/s whereas
ARD, ZDF and stuff use 15MBit, which can be a problem on poor network

I also use streamdev-server a lot, over my 802.11g WLAN .. with VLC on Vista
already. I use it, to watch TV in my bedroom.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: vdr-bounces at [mailto:vdr-bounces at] Im Auftrag von
Peer Oliver Schmidt
Gesendet: Sonntag, 28. Januar 2007 17:49
An: VDR Mailing List
Betreff: Re: AW: [vdr] Problems receiving couple of german channels DVB-S

Hello martin,

> can you give us a hint what the problem is? So if you only have budget
> cards, what kind of frontend do you use? Need to know a bit more from your
> setup.

Sorry for not being more verbose.

I am using streamdev-server on the VDR in the attic, and VLC as a
frontend running downstairs on a WinXP or Ubuntu system. The problem is
a totally distorted picture, like when I have thunderstorm outside with
bad reception. Block artefacts etc.
Sometimes it gets so bad, VLC quits from errors.

The funny thing is, it is ONLY on some of the channels.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Peer Oliver Schmidt
the internet company
PGP Key ID: 0x83E1C2EA