[vdr] VDR-on-Mac patches

Tero Siironen izero79 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 08:55:45 CET 2007

2007/1/29, Rob Davis <rob.davis at libero.it>:
> Tero Siironen wrote:
> > I've made patches for VDR 1.4.5 and few plugins (Subtitles, streamdev and
> > xineliboutput, softdevice) to run them on Mac OS X (10.4.8 Intel tested)
> >
> > Notice, VDR can only be run as client for another VDR system as there's no
> > support for DVB devices. Server-VDR needs a streamdev-server or
> > xineliboutput plugin which can stream the reception to the client.
> >
> > Patches and short instrucions can be found from here:
> >
> > http://kotisivu.suomi.net/izero/vdr-darwin/vdr-darwin.html
> >

> Sounds really good.
>
> I will play tomorrow.
>
> How easy would it be to package up a version of, say vdr-sxfe for mac
> with xine incorporated?  In such a way that it runs, searches for a vdr
> server on the local net and auto connects?

I don't know how hard it would be, but idea sounds very good. One
problem currently is that Xine-lib doesn't compile clean on OS X yet.
Some patches exists already but they don't solve all the compiling
problems. Also accelerated video out is needed to get the performance,
Xshm is too heavy for everyday use.

Another thing that I would like to someone dig in are the DVB-drivers
for OS X by John Dalgliesh (http://www.defyne.org/dvb/driver.html)
which are originally based on Linux v4l drivers. Maybe VDR could be
adopted for those drivers or some kind of a wrapper could be made to
get DVB device support on OS X.

--
Tero