AW: AW: [vdr] Problems receiving couple of german channels DVB-S

martin martin at
Mon Jan 29 19:38:55 CET 2007

Okay .. but you still can reduce your system down to one DVB-S card ..

So, what do you plan to prove that your multiswitch is not broken?
What do you do to doublecheck, that your sat dish is correctly set up?

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: vdr-bounces at [mailto:vdr-bounces at] Im Auftrag von
Peer Oliver Schmidt
Gesendet: Montag, 29. Januar 2007 18:09
An: VDR Mailing List
Betreff: Re: AW: [vdr] Problems receiving couple of german channels DVB-S

martin schrieb:
> Another thing that comes to my mind. We eliminate everything that might
> cause some interaction problem.
> Get rid of any multiswitch - so just one LNB directly connected to one
> card. No other card in the system. Do you still see the problems?

IIRC, unfortunately, this won't work, as far as I understand the LNB.
It is one of those 4-connector (I never know whether these are the
Quad LNBs or Quattro LNBs) LNBs that NEEDS a multiswitch.

Or is my knowledge wrong on the above?

> And BTW: kyrill moved my SAT dish .. so, why are you sure, that
> your dish is rocket solid?

We have had the problems for a long time ... :-)
Best regards

Peer Oliver Schmidt
the internet company
PGP Key ID: 0x83E1C2EA