[vdr] [Announce] epgsearch-0.9.20
cwieninger at gmx.de
Tue Jan 30 21:47:04 CET 2007
here's the next release of epgsearch.
Description and download:
2006-01-30: Version 0.9.20
- support for vdr-1.5.0. Note: the CA support in the timer conflict
check is highly experimental because I have no CAMs to test it!
- epgsearch can now also modify manual timers according to EPG changes.
When using epgsearch's own timer edit menu you can select between
* no check
* by event ID
* by channel/time
Please refer to the README (1.4.4 Setup/Timer Programming/Default
timer check method) for further notes.
- the timespan used in the favorites menu can now be adjusted via
setup. Default is 24h.
- Event announcements: If the user presses one of the keys 'Ok', '0',
... '9' while the announcement of an event is displayed, he will be
asked if further announcements of this event should be disabled for
ever (user hit '0' or 'Ok') or for the next 'x' days (user hit '1' to
'9'). After pressing 'Ok' again, this setting will be stored.
- With the new setup option "No announcements when replaying" you can
now suppress any announcements of broadcasts when you currently replay
anything. Suggested by Andreas Mair.
- Besides the done file for recordings there is now a done file for
timers (timersdone.conf). This allows deleting timers without getting
them again with the next search timer update. With the new menu 'Show
timers created' in Search/Actions one can edit this list. The whole
feature can be disabled in the search timers setup. Note: the done
list is only populated with timers that were newly created with this
- new addon plugin 'quickepgsearch': it creates a main menu entry 'Quick
search' and can be used to search for any event in the EPG. Include it
with '-Pquickepgsearch' , suggested by SurfaceCleanerZ at vdrportal.
- new setup option "Limit channels from 1 to" to speed up epgsearchs
call. If the current channel is above the limit, all channels will be
displayed. Suggested by Uwe at vdrportal.
- new SVDRP commands:
* 'LSRD' returns a list of all recording directories used
in existing recordings, timers, search timers or as specified in
* 'LSTT [ID]' to list all search templates, or the one with the passed
ID (format is the same as epgsearch.conf)
* 'NEWT <settings>' to add a new search template
REMARK: the value of element ID is ignored. epgsearch will always
assign the next free ID
* 'DELT <ID>' to delete the search template with ID
* 'EDIT <settings>' to modify an existing search template
* 'DEFT [ID]' returns the ID of the default search template. When
passing an ID it activates the corresponding template as default.
- you can now also use sendmail for mail delivery besides the script
sendemail.pl (-> setup), suggested by Patrick Cernko
- new variables:
* '%timespan%' to be used in menus or mails. It will be replaced
with the timespan from now to the begin of an event (e.g. 'in 15m').
It is now used in the default menu template of the favorites menu,
where the date field was removed.
* '%length%' for the length of a broadcast in seconds.
- thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg for finnish translation update
- manually created timers are now neither deleted nor modified by any
- the addon conflictcheckonly was compiled even if
WITHOUT_CONFLICTCHECKONLY was defined in the Makefile, thanks to Ronny
Kornexl for reporting.
- search term and directory support now the characters 'ß' (only for
language german) and '@'.
- 'avoid repeats' had a bug (in some special cases) that created a timer
for any later repeat instead of the first event.
- a search with "Use day of week" AND "Use time" where "Start before" is
after midnight now also matches events on the next day til "Start
before". E.g. "Start after 22:00" and "Start before 03:00" on monday
will also match an event at 01:00 at tuesday.
- already recording timers are now modified only, if the timers stop
time has changed (e.g. by an EPG update), thanks to Mike Constabel for
- fixed a bug in evaluation of user variables, thanks to Mike Constabel
for reporting and remote debugging
- fixed a bug in conflict mail notification concerning timers without
More information about the vdr