[vdr] Why does vdr-1.5.x poweroff my computer at boot ?

Gregoire Favre Gregoire.Favre at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 00:25:11 CEST 2007

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 11:40:42PM +0200, Udo Richter wrote:

> This is not how its supposed to be.
>
> Since 1.5.1, VDR remembers the planned wakeup time in setup.conf as
> NextWakeupTime. (You can convert the number to human-readable with perl
> -e "print scalar time(xxxxxxxxxxxx)")
> On next wakeup, VDR checks if the next timer event is within 10 minutes
> of the remembered time. If the remembered time is not 'now', VDR assumes
> manual start and should stay awake for MinUserInactivity minutes.

Oh, that's a really bad way of doing things for me : it seems my
vdrwatchdog initiate a "initializing full VDR restart".

I only got those "problem" needing a restart of vdr at boot, so the new
implementation will never work for me.

Is there an easy way to have the 1.4.x way which always worked for me ?

Thank,
--
Grégoire FAVRE  http://gregoire.favre.googlepages.com  http://www.gnupg.org
               http://picasaweb.google.com/Gregoire.Favre