[vdr] VDR shutdown question

Friedhelm Büscher vdr at 4t.to
Mon Jul 16 16:12:00 CEST 2007

Norbert Goebel wrote:

> as always it's a problem of knowing how to do what you want to do.
> I for example am trying and trying to get rid of the onscreen message
> "Taste drücken, um Ausschalten abzubrechen" automatically, but somehow
> commands like
> $svdrpsend HITK Ok > /dev/nulll &
> with svdrpsend=/usr/lib/vdr/svdrpsend.pl
>
> do not get through to vdr when issued in a shutdown-hook script (debian
> vdr), but work flawlessly when issued by hand.
> Any suggestions on that problem?

let me guess: it gets a timeout? VDR is busy waiting for the shutdownscript to return, so
no new svdr-connection is accepted. Spawn the svdrpsend (with at, if you like) and your
problems will vanish.

> My biggest problem might be understanding how to make an intelligent
> shutdownscript for vdr and there are almost no examples given - if you
> got a longer "example" I would be glad to learn from it ;)

my shutdownscript consists of the some lines above and some ssh-commands to my
house-controlling (NSLU2), which tracks, which computer is online and offline, and which
computer wants to wakeup when (via wake-on-lan). I don't know if this would be helpful,
since its quite complex.

regards,
Friedhelm.