[vdr] EPG: Events with same <event id> on different channels?

Dave P vdr at pickles.me.uk
Mon Jul 16 17:55:02 CEST 2007

On Monday 16 Jul 2007, Friedhelm Büscher wrote:
> Hi everybody.
>
> I wonder, if <event id> (according to vdr.5) must be uniq among *all*
> events known to vdr or only among the events of the current channel?
>
> Is it valid to have a <event id> of 4711 for "ard" and a <event id> of
> 4711 for "zdf"? Or will these both events clash?

According to ETSI EN 300 468 the event_id is "uniquely allocated within a
service definition", which I think means that the combination of
service_id and event_id is unique. Of course they cannot be globally
unique for all time as they are both 16-bit fields, so I presume that
there should simply be no re-use within the time interval covered by the
EPG.
--
Dave