[vdr] timeline & tvonscreen plugins

Joerg Bornkessel ml at websitec.de
Sat Jul 28 22:14:41 CEST 2007

> On 07/28/07 18:57, Joerg Bornkessel wrote:
>> Use for font handling the system own mechanisms and installed fonts.
>> fontconfig should be included by all Distributions.

> Plugins don't even need to directly access any fontconfig stuff.
> They can use cFont::GetAvailableFontNames() to get all of the
> available font names, and create their own fonts with cFont::CreateFont().

yeah ok,

but this make it depend on >=vdr-1.5.3 imho,

should included  code parts eg. (cFont::GetAvailableFontNames())
in plugins directly then not work on older vdr versions too ?

Anyway, my thoughts on it are, this font handling should be
generally fixed/changed in plugins, not only in depend from vdr-1.5.3

Klaus, maybe you can backport this functions on vdr-1.4.*
That makes it plugin devs more easily,
they still for the vdr-1.5.x refuses itself ;)

--
Regards
Gentoo Developer