[vdr] Wakeup On LAN

Jochen Radmacher jr at jradmacher.dyndns.org
Sat Mar 3 02:12:41 CET 2007

Bernd Juraschek schrieb:
>>> - BIOS: Wakeup controlled by BIOS and WOL enabled
>>> - Gentoo: echo -n PCI0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup ; halt
>>> - Router: wol -h PC-IP-Addr PC-MAC-Addr
>> I use etherwake to send wol packet (it sends ethernet packets, not udp
>> one that doesn't work with my lan card).
>
> Now the PC gets pure ethernet frames containing the magic packet. But
> nothing happens ...

Have you tried disabling "RC_DOWN_INTERFACE" in /etc/conf.d/rc ?

# RC_DOWN_INTERFACE allows you to specify if RC will bring the interface
# completely down when it stops. The default is yes, but there are some
# instances where you may not want this to happen such as using Wake On LAN.

RC_DOWN_INTERFACE="no"