[vdr] Understanding how vdr's tuning algo works.

Jouni Karvo jouni.karvo at tkk.fi
Sat Mar 10 08:24:13 CET 2007

hi,

Reinhard Nissl writes:

 > it will take 37000+ ms until VDR receives the stream. In the case of a
 > recording, this is simply to long as recorder.c defines a
 > MAXBROKENTIMEOUT of 30 seconds. VDR's recorder considers a stream to be
 > broken when it doesn't receive a PES packet for that time. So I'd
 > suggest to double this timeout.

Do I understand then correctly that defining MAXBROKENTIMEOUT to for
example 1h would fix the problem of broken recordings due to expired
keys (so that VDR would actually be patient enough to wait until the
stream contains the right authorization information for the Conax
module and the stream would start and the vicious restarting cycle
would disappear)?

yours,
		Jouni