[vdr] Re: vdr doesn't recognise some remote keys when using LIRC

Torgeir Veimo torgeir at pobox.com
Sat Mar 17 23:52:38 CET 2007

On 6 Mar 2007, at 11:44, Torgeir Veimo wrote:

> I'm using a lirc setup with inputlircd daemon with a hauppauge
> remote on a dvb card. Everything works with the remote plugins
> using /dev/input/eventX, but I'm trying to share the remote with
> several applications.
> For some reason when trying to learn keys with LIRC, when I'm
> running the inputlircd daemon, VDR refuses to react to them. I can
> see the keys being interpreted properly with irw. Does anyone know
> why this can be?

The keycodes that vdr doesn't recognize (as output by irw) are:

2 0 KEY_1 event1
3 0 KEY_2 event1
4 0 KEY_3 event1
5 0 KEY_4 event1
6 0 KEY_5 event1
6 0 KEY_5 event1
7 0 KEY_6 event1
8 0 KEY_7 event1
9 0 KEY_8 event1
a 0 KEY_9 event1
a 0 KEY_9 event1
b 0 KEY_0 event1
8b 0 KEY_MENU event1
ae 0 KEY_EXIT event1
18e 0 KEY_RED event1
71 0 KEY_MUTE event1
cf 0 KEY_PLAY event1
80 0 KEY_STOP event1

Any idea? Is there any mask of some sort in VDR that prevents certain
keycodes to be recognized?

(I'm using inputlircd daemon).

Torgeir Veimo
torgeir at pobox.com