[vdr] adding a budget card to my VDR

aironet at tigercomp.ro aironet at tigercomp.ro
Fri Nov 16 14:56:18 CET 2007

Hello,

I have a couple of questions about my future upgrading.

My VDR is running fine with a single Nexus-S for a couple of years. Beside
the VDR box I have another sat receiver, and I'm thinking about
integrating it in my VDR box via a budget (skystar2?) card.
My goal is:
1. - to have the advantage of 2 cards (concurent recording and live tv
from different TP-s). Is it possible, for example to record a channel with
the nexus and watch live tv with the budget on the nexus' tv output?
2. - to use my two motorized (Diseqc 1.2) dishes - is it possible to
configure in diseqc.conf 2 independent dishes for the 2 cards?
3. - to avoid using X - I prefer a solid and stable system, no xinelib,
softdevice, etc. (This is my biggest problem with the HDTV side of the
VDR: I don't like software decoding. As FF-HDTV card will not exist in the
near future, I'll continue to watch SDTV and that's fine for me at the
moment.)

I ask for suggestions to my future FF + budget system.

Thanks,
István
believed to be clean.