[vdr] Not good behaviour from vdr
jouni.karvo at tkk.fi
Wed Oct 3 12:43:04 CEST 2007
jori.hamalainen at teliasonera.com wrote:
>>> How does that sound?
>> Complicated. And you did not even consider cases such as:
> Because I've seen this restart cycle many times, and only way
> out of it is editing via [your favorite editor] the timers.conf
I have seen the problem too. Just removing timers for the failing
channel does not help if you use autotimers. The way out of it is to
comment out a line or two in recorder.c-file, which I did on Saturday,
but my wife lost interest in watching prof. Capellari's investigations
during the time it took.
But I think you missed my point - which is not a wonder, considering my
writing. So I'll try to say it more clearly:
- the restarting cycle tries to solve a faulty hardware driver problem
for some specific cards - outside the hardware driver
- ideally, the driver would work without reloading
- reloading is done as it seems the hardware driver will not get fixed.
(I hope moving to DVB-S2 will make this problem obsolete, btw.)
- as it is just a hack that is in the wrong place, and hopefully later
obsolete, a simple solution should be chosen.
- the configuration option is a simple solution.
More information about the vdr