[vdr] Output methods and WSS

Stuart Morris stuart_morris at talk21.com
Fri Oct 12 11:12:59 CEST 2007

I recommend the Vomp plugin. I have been using this for standard definition TV for some time now. It is highly stable and hardly ever requires restarting. I can confirm it has WAF.

  It supports automatic scart switching and WSS via scart. WSS is also available via line 21 PAL if you are not using scart (I cannot confirm if WSS is supported under NTSC). It supports RGB, s-video or composite video.

  Vomp requires a Hauppauge MediaMVP set top box. The RGB output on these have sync-on-green which can cause problems with some Sony Bravia LCD televisions.

  Vomp has its own menu system and OSD so there is no access to the VDR osd or plugin menus. To access the VDR osd and plugin menus you can use Vomp with any other display system such as ncurses. I use the Xine plugin to access the epgsearch plugin.

Kartsa <kari at kniivila.com> wrote:
  I am always having some problems like stuttering with FF card and now
restart problems with DXR card (sometimes while in menu vdr stops and
restarts) and thus I would like to have oppinions and suggestions. And
also information.

Therefore these two questions:
1. In which different video output methods is WSS signal carried out? I
know it comes out from FF card and AVS7170 based DXR card but how about
others?
2. And what would be the best output method?

BR
\\Kartsa