[vdr] Output methods and WSS

Stuart Morris stuart_morris at talk21.com
Tue Oct 16 10:14:47 CEST 2007

According to the MVPvdr website
  there appears to be no way to set timers so I have never been tempted
  to try it out.
  I failed to get an early version of the MediaMVP plugin to work many years ago.
  Vomp is still being developed so maybe you should join the forum

Kartsa <kari at kniivila.com> wrote:
  Haven't anyone got any experience in these other MediaMVP based
solutions? I have been thinking to test MVPVdr but haven't had the time
and if someone else has some knowledge allready I would be most
interested in hearing.

Rob Davis kirjoitti:
> I agree, I have 3 Mvp's, and the setup works well, although the
> latest boxes create problems if they're reset too quickly. There are
> some patches in the latest CVS which fix the problem if VDR can't
> play a stream (without the patch, VOMP just appears to go to sleep).
> My main desire would be the ability to change audio language. At the
> moment I have to manually hack the channels.conf file to put my
> preferred language first and then set VDR to not update pids.
> The picture quality is better than my Dreambox on Scart. Obviously
> no HD playback, but then my setup can't handle that yet anyway.
> On 12 Oct 2007, at 22:34, Kartsa wrote:
>> VOMP plugin is actually quite good and I have been using it with my
>> "second" TV in the bedroom. One of the best thigs about it is that
>> it's
>> so small :)
>> The problem is it does not support subtitling which is a must in
>> Finland
>> (I forgot to add that in my original post).
>> How about the other MediaMVP related output methods (MediaMVP Plugin,
>> MVPServer, MVPVdr). Do they support subtitles?
>> \\Kartsa

vdr mailing list
vdr at linuxtv.org