[vdr] Reel Extension HD PCI

Jeremy Jones mr.lebowski at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 01:08:05 CEST 2007

On 10/17/07, Georg Acher <acher at in.tum.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 02:00:41PM +0200, Peter Evertz wrote:
> > I have an ordered and paid this card 2 month ago, still waiting. So
> > don't believe the online shop.
>
> The shop is bit too optimistic...
>
> The production is currently ramping up, a few single cards are already
> sent
> to "integration" volunteers in the vdr forum. AFAIK the metal slot
> mounting
> is still missing.

Thanks for the information.  So it sounds like this card should work in my
box but I think I will wait until I can get some feedback from people who
are actually using the card.  I've been waiting for such a card for awhile
and this is the only hardware based HD MPEG2/MPEG4 decoder card I've seen.
I've never really been happy with the quality of software decoders or cards
with MPEG offload (not full decode) so I hope this card lives up to my
expectations :-)

Jeremy