[vdr] VDR 1.5.10, Subtitles gets out of sync

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Thu Oct 18 21:00:25 CEST 2007

Hi,

Arthur Konovalov wrote:

>> vdr-xine-0.7.11 doesn't support multiple OSDs but it shouldn't crash.
>> 0.7.12 is on the way. I've run a 1 hour test yesterday on TV5MONDE
>> EUROPE, as mentioned in this mailing list.
>
> vdr-xine-0.7.12 crashing without notice on YLE channels with subtitles as well.

Please run xine with --verbose=2 and send me the output.

It would further be helpful to analyse a core dump of xine-lib/xine-ui
with debug symbols enabled. To create one, configure xine-lib/xine-ui
like that:

CFLAGS='-g3 -O0' ../xine-lib/configure --prefix=/soft/xine-lib-cvs
--enable-debug --disable-optimizations

CFLAGS='-g3 -O0' ../xine-ui/configure --prefix=/soft/xine-ui-cvs
--enable-debug --disable-optimizations --enable-vdr-keys

Enable coredumps with

	ulimit -Sc unlimited

before running xine from that terminal.

> I discovered that TV5 Monde transmitted on local cable network too, but I didn't
> seen any subtitles yet on this chhnnel, only SPID's. Is there any fixed time
> when subtitles presents on TV5?

I took a recording of "La Crim'" on last Monday evening.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl at gmx.de