[vdr] Reel Extension HD PCI

Jeremy Jones mr.lebowski at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 23:07:43 CEST 2007

> I've never really been happy with the quality of software decoders or
cards

> > with MPEG offload (not full decode) so I hope this card lives up to my
> > expectations :-)
>
> why do you think, that h.264 software decoders has poor quality, than
> hardware decoders?

My biggest problems in the past have been A/V sync problems, "tearing" and
slow channel change times.  I've had similar problem with software based
MPEG-2 decoders but after a lot of tweaking I was able to get nice image
quality but still had occasional A/V sync problem and channel change times
were still slow.  I've never (or very rarely) had these problems with
hardware based MPEG-2 decoders.

Jeremy