[vdr] vdr-1.5x: problem with recording FTA and watching scrambled at the same time

Theunis Potgieter theunis.potgieter at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 15:19:07 CEST 2007

I also have experienced this with DVB-S, however in my situation I
experienced it a bit different.

I was switched to a radio channel which was FTA, a timer was set to record a
channel on the same transponder but is scrambled. The vdr info bar showed it
was recording. The directory was created but the file 001.vdr was size 0. It
also shows that I cannot tune to this channel . I had to stop the
timer/recording and switch to the scrambled channel and enable the timer.
But from there on I could jump back to the FTA radio channel. Same happens
every time I'm on a FTA channel and a timer starts after I tuned to the
channel.

Theunis

On 17/10/2007, Arthur Konovalov <kasjas at hot.ee> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Our local cable operator transmit on same frequency FTA and scrambled
> channels.
> During recording on FTA channel it is not possible to switch to any
> scrambled channel on the same frequency.
> "Channel not available!" message received.
>
> At the same time, when recording scrambled channel, switching to FTA or
> to other scrambled works.
>
> This behavior introduced with vdr-1.5.x versions (at least since 1.5.2,
> if I remember correctly).
> vdr-1.4.7 performs fine in same situation.
>
> Regards,
> AK

Style may not be the answer, but at least it's a workable alternative.