[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] DVB-S2 + H.264 support for VDR-1.5.10

Joerg Knitter joerg.knitter at gmx.de
Tue Oct 23 15:14:32 CEST 2007

Jan Wagner wrote:

> Thanks. It does work as expected. I am still not able to play H.264
> content on my Core2Duo 6850 (3.0 GHz) though. My nvidia graphics card
> 8600 does not seem to support xvmc so I have a lot of dropped frames and
> lots of block artefacts which seem to be caused by the stream (ffmpeg
> always says something about cabal(?)). Can I transcode the records into
> something playable under windows? pes2ts does not seem to work.

Try the patch at posted at
http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=50139&page=32 from
Reinhard, which will solve most of the performance problems.
Unfortunately, transmissions using interlaced pictures+spatial direct
mode still do not seem to work right and may cause major performance and
stability problems.

With kind regards

Jörg