[vdr] DVB-S2 + H.264 support for VDR-1.5.10

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Wed Oct 24 18:19:18 CEST 2007

Hi,

Tony Grant schrieb:

> OK I have lib-1.2 and vdr-xine-0.8.0 humming along. Image very clean and
> CPU usage is down another 5%. I will see if the new version of
> openchrome and libXVmc fixes something (CPU was 15% when I started this
> VDR journey). Zaps fast. Locks solid when right clicking to get the xine
> menu...

It would be interesting, where the deadlock occurs. To analyze the
deadlock, please compile xine-lib and xine-ui with debug information by
running configure like that:

CFLAGS='-g3 -O0' ../xine-lib/configure --prefix=/soft/xine-lib-cvs
--enable-debug --disable-optimizations --with-external-ffmpeg --disable-dxr3

CFLAGS='-g3 -O0' ../xine-ui/configure --prefix=/soft/xine-ui-cvs
--enable-debug --disable-optimizations --enable-vdr-keys

When the deadlock occurs, run gdb like that:

	gdb /path/to/xine `pidof xine`

There will be a lot of libraries listed by gdb. Among the output gdb
will also report for which libraries it could find debug symbols. For
the best result, try to install missing debug symbols if your Linux
distribution provides them. For simplicity, quit gdb by typing quit and
let xine alive. Restart gdb as mentioned above until debug symbols for
all libraries are available.

Then type the following command into gdb:

	thread apply all bt

gdb will then output the backtrace of each thread (and there will be
about 20). Please report the backtraces here.

> How do I set the PCM volume on startup? The setting in the OSD?

When VDR sets the volume, vdr-xine stores this value internally. When
xine connects to vdr-xine, the stored value will be transmitted to xine.

Please have a look into VDR's setup menu. There exists a setting which
controls whether VDR shall restore the last set volume when it starts.
When VDR doesn't restore the volume setting, then vdr-xine's internal
value will be 0 and xine's volume will be set to 0, too.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl at gmx.de