[vdr] blank screen with xv softdevice on NVIDIA 6150

Darren Wilkinson chipsugar at chipsugar.plus.com
Wed Oct 24 23:32:13 CEST 2007

Fabian Ritzmann wrote:
> On 10/24/07, vdr at lucke.in-berlin.de <vdr at lucke.in-berlin.de> wrote:
>
>> Quoting Fabian Ritzmann:
>>

>>> The issue I am seeing with softdevice is that I have a black screen
>>> that displays the OSD just fine. In other words, the TV broadcasts are
>>> not being displayed but I can see and use the VDR menus as well as
>>> teletext and DVB subtitles (pretty weird seeing the subtitles
>>> displayed v-a-v a black picture).
>>>
>> You should set OSD alpha blending to "software" instead of "pseudo".
>>

> Thanks, but unfortunately that has not helped. These are the settings
> I am using now:
>
> softdevice.AC3Mode = 0
> softdevice.AlsaAC3Device = hw:0,1
> softdevice.AlsaDevice = default
> softdevice.autodetectAspect = 0
> softdevice.avOffset = 0
> softdevice.bufferMode = 0
> softdevice.CropBottomLines = 0
> softdevice.CropLeftCols = 0
> softdevice.CropMode = 0
> softdevice.CropModeToggleKey = 0
> softdevice.CropRightCols = 0
> softdevice.CropTopLines = 0
> softdevice.Deinterlace Method = 0
> softdevice.ExpandLeftRightCols = 0
> softdevice.ExpandTopBottomLines = 0
> softdevice.mainMenu = 1
> softdevice.OSDalphablend = 1
> softdevice.Picture mirroring = 0
> softdevice.PixelAspect = 0
> softdevice.PixelFormat = 2
> softdevice.Postprocess Method = 0
> softdevice.Postprocess Quality = 0
> softdevice.Suspend = 0
> softdevice.syncTimerMode = 2
> softdevice.UseSetSourceRectangle = 0
> softdevice.UseStretchBlit = 0
> softdevice.vidBrightness = -1
> softdevice.vidContrast = -1
> softdevice.vidHue = -1
> softdevice.vidSaturation = -1
> softdevice.Xv-Aspect = 1
>
> Fabian

Recent Nvidia cards haven't been a good choice for softdevice. IIRC it's
because nvidia dropped some overlay features in the last few years. When
I was trying to get softdevice to work with directfb on my geforce 6600
I had to alter the alphablend (like you've been told), the stretchblit
and the pixelformat settings. I can't remember what they changed to though.