[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-iptv-0.0.2

Segers,Jan J.K.T. jan.segers at student.fontys.nl
Sun Oct 28 22:16:53 CET 2007

>Iptv plugin uses VLC to transcode only the stream being currently
>received so there really should not be any CPU power wasted on
>transcoding inactive streams.

well, then i misunderstood the whole thing. i thought that the user has to make the stream ready and iptv will use it. at least thats how i understand your explaination on your website. so iptv  opens vlc to transcode the stream as soon as i tune to the stream channel and stops with transcoding as soon as i leave the stream channel?

>In other words a simple "video on demand" system should already be in
>place. At least I can add multiple streams to the channel list and only
>the active one is being transcoded. Have you experienced different behavior?

to be honest, i did not make that many tests. i just tryed to prepare my vdr for this new streaming possibility. maybe i should focus on reading your new README ;)

anyway, i dont need rtsp support if multiple windows media streams will work on demand. i hope i got it right.

--
Jan Segers

Op deze e-mail zijn de volgende voorwaarden van toepassing:

http://www.fontys.nl/disclaimer

The above disclaimer applies to this e-mail message.