[vdr] a simple locale question

Dieter Hametner dh+vdr at gekrumbel.de
Tue Sep 4 23:40:55 CEST 2007

Hello

Am Dienstag, 4. September 2007 schrieb jhall at maoz.com:
> Hello,
>
> In writing a plugin that displays a date, it occurred to me that date
> in a locale-friendly way might be a good idea.  What is the current
> 'blessed' way to make vdr display a date? I suppose it could be a
> setup option, but that just seems kindda drab.

In the live plugin - http://live.vdr-developer.org/ - we use a two fold
approach.

Dates are formatted with strftime(3) which obeys for some of the format
specifiers the current locale of the VDR. Additionally we 'translate' the
format strings with the standard i18n support of VDR (e.g tr() macro). This
allows the localization people to tailor to their special needs.

Best regards
Dieter

--
Dieter Hametner                    dh (plus) vdr (at) gekrumbel (dot) de
live plugin developer              http://live.vdr-developer.org