[vdr] Welho HD

Tuomas Jormola tjormola at cc.hut.fi
Sun Sep 9 18:20:32 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'd like to hear about your experiences with VDR in Welho cable network in
Helsinki and especially viewing the available HD channels.

With my setup (described below), during Welho's marketing campaign when the
channels are temporarily FTA, I've been able to view Discovery HD just fine.
But I don't get picture with Voom and Silver HD, even though sound can be
heard. Maybe video on these channels is H.264 encoded? If so, perhaps VDR with
H.264 patches would be able to show the channels... If I manage to get all
three channels working, it would be quite temptating to get a 3rd DVB-C card
with a CI and Conax CAM after the freebie is over...

Hardware: Athlon64 3000+, NVIDIA Geforce 6200, 2 x Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C
Software: Pretty standard VDR 1.4.7, output with xine plugin 0.7.11, using
xine-ui viewer, NVIDIA binary drivers 1.0-9755

--
Tuomas Jormola <tjormola at cc.hut.fi>