[vdr] ac3 handling in cutted vdr recordings

Halim Sahin halim.sahin at t-online.de
Wed Apr 2 13:30:48 CEST 2008

Hello,
I have experienced a strange problem with vdr recordings after cutting
them in vdr.

My recording has e. G. two mpeg audio, 1 mpeg video and one ac3
audiotrack.
Then I have tried to burn a dvd-video using replex |dvdauthor &&
growisofs

Problem:
The ac3 audiotrack was not recognized by replex at the first time.
Adjusting the first cuttingmark changed this behaviour.
The problem does not exist any more if the first cuttingmark in vdr was
placed at another position (using 4/6 on my remote).

My question:
Whats wrong here?
I don't want to use another utility to cut vdr recordings to get a
valid file for replex!!!

Thanks
have a nice day.
Halim